How to lose 5 pounds in 2 days  

September 18, 2008

You heard me.

I caught the stomach bug from my kids, and though it was brief - 12 hours, pretty much, although I'm still rather off today - imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning.

238.

Now, in my defense, I did weigh myself the day before yesterday, and was pleased to see that I was down to 242. That pound I can take full credit for - even though my working out last week was down to 3 days. This week I got a great start - cardio on Sunday, Monday off, Tuesday Weight Training/Cardio circuit... and then sick on Wednesday, which of course proved to be the fastest weight-loss ever.

I'm no fool - I know I lost mostly fluid, and I won't be (too) upset if a few pounds come back in the next few days. But still - it's pretty cool to see the scale only 1 pound from my first goal. I plan on taking advantage and working really hard for the rest of the week. Weights today, cardio tomorrow, and then I think I'll hit the pool on Saturday.

Here's the other big change I've been doing - I've totally given up (for now) on keeping track of my food. I've been eating foods from my meal plan, but I also have enjoyed some greasy pub food, a bowl of KD, and a burger from McD's. I am not looking forward to telling my trainer - but for now, with how busy my life is, this is going to work better. I have a good idea of the calories in everything I eat, so I'm keeping track loosely in my head. If I feel it's getting out of control, I'll go back to careful tracking, but until then, I'm going to enjoy myself and see what happens.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster