In Search of Cereal  

August 23, 2008

I love cereal - cold. I'm not an oatmeal person, though it is in my mealplan 1x per week. My favourite cereal is Raisin Bran. However, my nutritionist pointed out that when choosing a cereal, you want to make sure that at worst, the amount of sugar in the cereal is less than double the amount of fibre. At best, they should be equal.

My problem is, I find most of these cereals to taste like cardboard. I'm considering doing the mix'n'match thing - mixing a higher sugar cereal with Fiber 1 or the like - but I'd rather just find something tasty and yummy.

Any suggestions out there?

(Actually I lied - my favourite cereal is Jordon's Morning Crisp (thanks Heidi, you showed this to me about 2 years ago). As a granola-based cereal, it's very high calorie though, so I only allow myself to indulge in it every few weeks. At $7-plus dollars per (small) box, that's practical too.)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


1 comments: to “ In Search of Cereal

  • gail
    August 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

    When I lived in the US and cereals were a LOT cheaper...I used to eat Optimum with blueberries (it has protein and omega's or something like that). Very high in fibre, I remember. It sounds like you prefer to eat a crunchy texture to feel full (me too!) Adding sliced almonds to your oatmeal might help (extra yummy when toasted too) or maybe cocoa nibs? I used to add Bernard Callebaut cocoa and stevia, when eating oatmeal. :)

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster