Almost time  

August 27, 2008

Tomorrow I'm meeting with B again. She's formulated a complete workout plan for me, which is exciting. I'm always happy to try new things, and as I get fitter I find I'm definitely more open to different activities. I love new challenges. One of my upcoming challenges is the swim class I signed up for (doesn't start until November, which gives me lots of incentive to work hard until then). Basically it's a class working on stroke technique - but it's 3 levels in one class, from beginners to expert. So - if anyone wants to sign up, it's just twice a week for one month! Let me know if you're interested...

Also, Glenmore pool has this fantastic program, apparently. My neighbor told me about it - Tues/Thurs mornings, you can bring your kids, drop them off at daycare there, and then at the pool there are three coaches on deck and they present 3 different workouts (easy/medium/hard), and they basically coach you through the workout for an hour. At the end of the hour, the daycare brings your kids to the pool deck, all changed, for a family swim!

What a great idea. I think I'm totally going to try and get there a few times per month.

Tomorrow, B is bringing my scale, and Friday I will get to weigh myself. I'm excited, but also preparing myself mentally for whatever happens. Even if it's a small loss (2-5lbs) I am trying to tell myself to keep positive. I'm doing LOTS of resistance training and weights, so I'm probably putting on some weight in muscle. I also had my vacation week in there, so that probably affected things as well. I can tell you that my clothes are starting to fit better - in fact, the other day I tried on a skirt, and it fit great. In fact, it was a little loose. Anyway, when I took it off later, I realized that it was a full size smaller than I normally have been wearing since having Luci. Hooray!

Eating is going well. I'm slightly bored of the meal plan, so I'm switching it up whenever I want. I have some favourite dinners, for example, so I tend to go with those more often. My favourite meal is always breakfast - lots of eggs, english muffins, waffles, juice, and fruit. All things I love. I can tell you I'm tiring of yogurt. I don't miss greasy food at all (ok, except for maybe today, when I'm a little hung over). I do miss sugar a little, but when I really want it, I just grab one of the 100 calorie chocolate bars and that's good for me.

I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with myself. Even last year, working with Lindy, I did not follow any meal plan! I was still eating fast food every day (mostly at work), and just counting calories, not paying attention to content at all. This is such a huge difference. I can feel the difference. And I'm learning how to just make decent choices. Today, for example, we ended up taking Lili back-to-school shoppping, and of course, did the food court for lunch. As much as I would have liked to treat my hangover with a greasy burger, I opted for a 1/4 chicken (white meat) with a side of steamed veggies. I admit I stole a piece of ginger beef from Lili (Kung Fu food, she calls it), but one was enough. And at home, if I don't feel like checking the meal plan, I know to try and plan a snack that includes carbs, fibre, and protein.

The one thing that does suck, is drinking! Last night I pounded back 6 beer (I was determined to get drunk - I've tried several times with no success, and darnit, I really wanted to lose control for a little while, while playing Rock Band with the girls and Ian!). That's 600 cals, tada. So unfair. Oh well - it's like I'll be doing that often, and I did work out just prior (burned 550 cals, so there), and frankly, Rock Band is a mini-workout on its own, especially on drums!

Ok, I should be folding laundry, not typing! One month gone, in 5 more I should hit the below 200 mark!!!!

M.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


0 comments: to “ Almost time

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster